Monday, September 20, 2010

NYFW S/S11

Seems like seasons go faster than ones even realize. New York spring 2011 collection kicked off last week with numbers of designer,models, marching down the runways. For the most exciting annual fashion event, this season we sadly say goodbye to the exotic tents at Bryant park and say hello hello to the new venue at the fasinated uptown Lincoln center. Even the shows are likely to spread out over the city, but most of the major designers chose to show their collections in the tents at Lincoln center such as Anna Sui, Tommy Hilfiger.


Lincoln Center.


Bryant park's tents.


I can remember the first time I ever set my feet on the steps at bryant park's tents last season. It was the most memorable moment for me,and I assume that also for everyone who addicts to fashion too,no? let say, I was invited to see the show from Academy of Art University. The shows from the graduated students were great.

Move on to this season, I was impressed by a bunch of designers. I personally like New York's more than other 3 cities because in my opinion I think American designers can make a very wearable clothes,modern ubanish,and easy to wear. it doesn't mean that I don't like London,Milan,Paris. I obviously have a heart for several designers in the other cities. New York has its energy,vibe,and everything is just right.



For the next spring in NYC, White seems to be a number one hit on the runway, as you can see from Thakoon,Alexander Wang, and Altuzarra. Snake skin are also used in Altuzarra's collection. I actually like his combination with those leathers. White is always a elegant color and can pair with many many colors, but somehow white is a color that needs to be taking care of.




to be continue in part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment